If you’re a homeowner, you may have seen ugly mold growth in a part of your house. Mold gives a musty smell wherever it grows. Mold can be harmful for your health, and can even cause some bad health issues of left unattended.
Mold is very quick to grow on any surface given favorable conditions. So, don’t ignore a small mold patch thinking that its still very small and can be tackled later on.
There are lots of facts about mold that people are usually unaware of. Knowing these facts can help you and your family in enjoying a better health. Getting rid of this fungus can also help keep the structure and looks of your house intact.
Here are some important facts about fungus you should know about.
What Feeds Mold?
Mold is made up of small pores which keep rapidly reproducing, and these pores can withstand extreme temperatures and pressure as well. This allows the mold to grow rapidly even in large areas. Mold spores can get inside your house with out air through the vents, through doors, windows or attached to your clothes. Once the spore is inside your house, it’ll wait for the right conditions to start growing.
The reason of the existence of mold in our environment is the decomposition of dead organic matter. So, mold spores grow in warm and humid areas which have organic matter or their “Food” in abundance. There is no shortage of food in our houses. As soon as the mold spores get in contact with the food in appropriate conditions, it starts growing rapidly.
There Are Over 10k Mold Species
While there are over 10k species of mold on the earth, only 5 of them are commonly found indoors.
Molds also find bathrooms to be their favorite source of food and place of growth. To remove them, understanding bathroom mold is very important.